This the user manal to help import enabling codes (FSC) with BMW ICOM A2 ISTA/P
– ZIP archive file with:
- release code (FSC) file (.xml)
- certificate file (.der)
– Media to copy the files on
- USB stick (recommended)
- CD-ROM media and CD/DVD burner
- Floppy disc
- This import function neither writes the code to the vehicle nor activates the associated function in the vehicle.
The activation will be requested during the measures plan realization.
- When using a USB stick ensure, that it’s formatted as a removable disc (usually default format). Otherwise the stick will not be recognized by ISTA/P.
- The FSC file (.xml) & the certificate file (.der) need to be extracted on the media. Do not copy the ZIP archive file on the media.
Select Data management
Select Import activation code and click Import
Insert the media (e.g. USB stick) in ISSS and click OK
Check that the certificate is present. If the certificate column reads not fitted, the .der file is missing on the media and it’s impossible to activate.
Click Start Import