There are mainly 3 reasons that most seniors use 2017.5 Xentry Das MB SD C4 Connect Plus WIN7 Dell D630 PC.
Reason 1: newest version 2017.5 Xentry Das
Multilanguage 2017.5 Xentry Das can work with MB SD Connect 4 to cover the latest 12V/24V Mercedes Benz cars, buses, trucks, Sprints, Smart(from 1989 to the 2017 year).
Xentry 2017.5 in 256GB SSD ($129)
SSD wins HDD in speed:
For other aspects comparison, please google.
Reason 3: with Dell D630 and preinstalled Xentry Das
Most seniors purchased a complete bundle: SD C4 plus Dell D630 laptop (with pre-installed and ‘authorized’ software).
Dell D630 with internal hdd/ssd pros and cons:
- Much faster, if you use it quite a bit then go External hard drive.
- Internal is so much nicer because now I just have the multiplexer and laptop to carry to the car. Nothing to unplug or fall off.
Sdconnect c4 with External hard drive pros and cons:
- If laptop broke, you could just plug it into another machine.
- It’s a lot slower than running it from disk, because of VMWare overhead. If you use it 2 or 3 times a year, a VM solution is perfectly fine.
- Hangs off the machine and can be damaged as you move the laptop around. If you pick up the laptop, the USB drive unplugs, then it will fall to the ground and you’re cooked.
2017.5 Xentry Das MB SD C4 feedback on what’s working:
- switching heater booster to the water heater, enabling/disabling some cluster menus, enabling corner lights and integrating an aftermarket alarm and remote was like a walk in the park.
- reset the adaptations on my transmission, drive-in adaptations on the transmission, and relearning of the throttle plate and sunroof. I had changed my battery and afterwards the sunroof would not go back smoothly. I went into the relearn function and voila it worked.
- can lower the suspension with Das-Xentry
- Other than finding and reading faults, SDConnect C4 can be used to modify and adjust settings on control units (as well as add oem equipment) which are unavailable in the standard version, but the ‘developer’ version,
*Be careful in using in developer mode as you can seriously screw up all the controlling car-confusers and no dealer ever knows how, or wants, to fix it for you.