MINI DSG reader (DQ200+DQ250) new VW/AUDI gearbox data reader & writer that I got from China is cheap and working, I use it to replace the expensive one. Besides I do not need to remove ecu from car, but just connect the plugs to the DSG ECU and then I can read/write and save dump to bin flie.
Here my test reports:
- Some dq250, work great
- Mini dsg reader ok on old DSG DQ250 Cxx to read and write, tested directly on TCU.
- DSG 6 speed, have coded and tested successfully.
- Read DSG 7 VW Golf 2012, ok
- Work on DSG 7 CAN only
- DQ200 from golf 5 DSG7 takes 25 minutes
- DQ250 cxx and reading no problem.
- Audi A3 6 Speed DSG (Temic DQ250) DQ250 via OBD –II.
MINI DSG cable connection:
Second part: Here KESS V2 test reports
- Read and write DSG DQ250 with kess EU 2.08 with no problem.
- KESS v2 clone will not work on many DSG. I tested many cars and on older one DSG KESS don’t work. The newer firmware Alientech KESS original with tricore works OK.
- With direct cable (not obd2) DQ200 and DQ250 read and write fine using good quality Kess EU, my Kess also support DQ500 read and write. I did all 3 of these TCU no problem.
- Read and write dq200 OBD Ok using good quality kess clone 2.08
When you find MINI DSG no problem read DSG ECU but fail write it back, you choose KESS V2, the original one is the best choice, while if your budget is limited, Mini DSG reader is not a bad choice.