Obdstar X300DP PLUS ECU Cloning User Manual:
What is ECU cloning:
ECU cloning is a technical process where existing engine computer information is duplicated onto a replacement ECU. The information, including the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), allows a new computer to replace a damaged or broken unit.
When to clone an ECU:
If your car starts having engine problems, such as stalling or rough starts, it’s generally a good idea to seek ECU repairs. While the highly qualified technicians at My Auto Solutions can repair most ECU issues, severely damaged or corroded ECU, ECM, PCM, and FICM units should be cloned and replaced. Our Buford workshop can clone damaged ECU information to a replacement computer for a fraction of dealership repair costs. Listed below are some signs that a car needs ECU cloning services:
▪ Engine doesn’t turn over or start
▪ Wires and circuits severely damaged
▪ ECU connections severely corroded
▪ ECU connections short circuit
▪ Engine computer water damaged
▪ Complete ECU failure
What tool can clone an ECU:
Obstar X300 DP PLUS is able to clone ECUs for universal cars.
(NOTE: more and more cars and ECUs will be updated here)
- ECU Clone, means ECU duplication.
The device copies all the data from the original vehicle ECU, and then writes all data copied into ECU with the same hardware to realize the same ECU function with the original vehicle.
- Clone directly when replacing a new or a used ECU!
Without online matching in 4S store or removal of ECU bonding wire for reading and writing! Directly write without dismantling OBD!
- Three features for ECU Clone:
- Free of 4S online: break monopoly from 4S, benefiting automobile maintenance industry
- Simplified operation procedures: realize foolproof operation
- Non-dismantling with zero risks: read and write data without dismantling ECU
How to clone an Opel ECU using Obdstar x300 dp plus:
Opel BCM for cloning
step 1: x300 dp plus reads eeprom
step 2: x300dp plus reads flash
step 3: obdstar x300dp plus writes eeprom
step 4: x300 dp plus obdstar writes flash
Tested by pros working for cardiagtool.co.uk