Autel MaxiAP AP200 is an innovative Bluetooth OBD2 scanner for iOS and Andriod. Here shares tips from AUTEL for MaxiAP AP200 owners.
- MaxiAP AP200Power LED
The power LED displays green, blue, red depending on power level and operating state.
- Green: Lights solid green when the MaxiAP AP200 is plugged in and not connected withthe device.
- Lights solid bluewhen the device is connected with the MaxiAP AP200 via Figure 2- 1 Product View 4
- Flashes blue when the device is communicating with the MaxiAP AP200. For example, when the device is reading Engine DTCs.
Lights solid red when the MaxiAP AP200 is updating the firmware or when the update failed.
Note: When the MaxiAP AP200 has lost connection from the device for more than 10 minutes, the LED goes off and the AP200 enters power saving standby mode. The power LED will light when reconnected.
- Wireless Communication
The MaxiAP AP200 uses Bluetooth communication. It can transmit vehicle data to your Android or iOS device without a physical connection. The working range for BT communication is about 33 feet (about 10 m). Signal lost due to moving out of range will automatically be restored once the device is brought within transmission range to the MaxiAP AP200 connector.
- Power Source
The MaxiAP AP200 operates on 12-volt vehicle power that it receives through the vehicle data connection port. The unit powers on whenever it is connected to an OBDII/ EOBD compliant data link connector (DLC).
- Exiting Diagnostics
The Diagnostics application remains open as long as there is an active communication with the vehicle. You must exit the diagnostics operation to stop all communications with the vehicle before closing the Diagnostics application.
Note: Damage to the vehicle electronic control module (ECM) may occur if communication is disrupted. Make sure the wireless connection is properly connected at all times during testing. Exit all tests before disconnecting the test connection or powering down the tool.
- Purchase vehicle-specific software
- Before purchasing vehicle-specific software, you have to log in your Autel ID and bind the MaxiAP AP200 device with your account. One vehicle software is free and permanently valid, you can get it through Mall after successfully binding VCI for the first time.
- The purchased software is available for one year. You can renew them after expiration.
- Vehicle Linking Error
A communication error occurs if the MaxiAP AP200 fails to communicate with the vehicle’s control module when performing diagnostic procedures. Please do the following check-ups:
- Verify that the ignition is ON.
- Check that the MaxiAP AP200connector is securely connected to the vehicle’s DLC
- Turn the ignition off and wait for about 10 seconds.Then turn the ignition back on and continue the operation.
- Verify the control module is not defective.
Compared with MaxiAP AP100, AP200 can support special functions, including following services.
- Oil Reset Service
All required work must be carried out before the service indicators are reset. Failure to do so may result in incorrect service values and cause DTCs to be stored by the relevant control module.
- Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) Service
Autel accepts no responsibility for any accident or injury arising from the maintenance of the Electronic Parking Brake system.
- Battery Management System (BMS) Service
The BMS (Battery Management System) allows the scan tool to evaluate the battery charge state, monitor the close-circuit current, register the battery replacement, and activate the rest state of the vehicle. But this function is not supported by all vehicles.
- Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) Service
- AUTEL accepts no responsibility for any accident or injury arising from servicing the SAS system.When interpreting DTCs retrieved from the vehicle, always follow the manufacturer’s recommendation for repair.
- Before starting the procedure, make sure the vehicle has ESC. Look for the button on dash.
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Service
If the vehicle needs to be driven in order to perform a DPF service, you need to have a second person help you. One person should drive the vehicle while the other person observes the screen on the Tool. Trying to drive and observe the Scan Tool at the same time is dangerous, and could cause a serious traffic accident.
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) Service
During this application the wheel unit 8 digit identifications will need to be entered using the screen displayed. The sensor identifications can be accessed by reading directly from the wheel unit or by using the identification reading tool. On completion, a specific road test will be required followed by the tire pressure monitor system application.
- Immobilizer (IMMO) Service
To program the replacement key fob(s)
- Tap IMMO KEYS after entering the Service function from the Job Menu.
- Tap Automatic Selection or Manual Selection to acquire vehicle VIN information and tap Yes to confirm.
- Tap Erase/Program all key fobs in the IMMO function list after it is displayed, the list may vary for different vehicles being tested.
1) To complete key fob programming, you need to acquire the Security Code, which can be acquired through the Security Code Read function in hot functions.
2) Before programming, please check and erase the fault codes.